Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” LINE) is pleased to introduce “K” LINE Group’s new management policy and medium-term management plan: “『Revival for Greater Strides』 -“K” Value for our Next Century-” which runs for three years from April 2017 toward our 100th anniversary in 2019 in response to the big business environment change in marine transportation industry and aiming at the rebuilding of management base to grow consistently.
Corporate Principles and Vision
We added one sentence to confirm our approach to customers and society in our corporate vision.
As an integrated logistics company grown from shipping business,
the “K” LINE Group contributes to society so that people live well and prosperously.
We always recognize this principle in our operations.
|Our aim is to become an important infrastructure for global society,
and to be the best partner with customers by providing high-quality logistics
services based on customer-first policy.
|Values the “K” LINE Group prizes|
|● Providing reliable and excellent services.....||Contributing to society|
|● A fair way of business.....||Fostering trust from society|
|● Relentless efforts to achieve innovation.....||Generating new values|
|● Respecting humanity.....||Corporate culture that respects individuality and diversity|
Important management themes
We recognize following three as our group’s themes to respond business environment changes.
- Maximize our strengths to ensure competitiveness
- Transform business portfolio to reduce influence from market volatility
- Achieve growth by technological and business model innovation
Medium-term management plan: “「Revival for Greater Strides」-“K” Value for our Next Century –”
We will rebuild the base of business to realize our Vision for three years from April 2017 toward our 100th anniversary in 2019 through following three initiatives.
- Rebuilding portfolio strategy
- Advancement of Management and Function-specific Strategies
- ESG Measures
Long-term targets (Mid-2020s):
- Achieve ROA (ordinary income) of 6％ and ROE of double digits
- Shareholders equity ¥ 400 billion (Verify benefits from containership business integration, plan to reset)
- Return to stable dividend policy
Medium-term management plan targets (FY2017-FY2019):
- Return to profit in three years from FY2017
- Achieve 6% ROA (ordinary income) in stable income businesses and expand their business scales
- Ratio of Shareholders’ equity – Targeting mid 20%‘s
- Prioritize to stabilize our business base and financial position, aiming to resume dividend payment at an early stage