Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “”K” Line”) is committed to process the personal data of the Data Subject (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Data"), in accordance with the following policies.
“Personal Data” means any data which are able to identify natural person living in the EEA (hereinafter referred to as “Data Subject”)., including but not limited to his or her names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses.
“Processing” means any operation which is performed on the Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
1. The purpose of the Processing of the Personal Data in “K” Line
The Personal Data possessed by “K” Line is processed for the purposes as follows:
(1) Managing contact information of the Data Subject on business purpose
(2) Communicating with the Data Subject for sales and marketing
2. Additional Processing
In the case of the Processing of the Personal Data for purposes other than the above, “K” Line shall notify the Data Subject in advance of such new purposes of the Processing and other matters as required by applicable law.
3. Consent to the Processing of the Personal Data
By providing “K” Line with your information including giving us your name card and sending us rate inquiry through our inquiry form, the Data Subject shall be deemed as consented to the Processing of the Personal Data in Japan, where the European Commission has not decided on adequacy of the level of protection, without protection measures such as standard contract provisions.
“K” Line may provide the Personal Data to third parties such as the subsidiaries and affiliates of
(1) In the case that the country in which the third parties are located is outside the EEA and does not have the same data protection laws as the EEA, i.e., many of the rights provided in the EEA to the Data Subjects are not given.
(2) The Personal Data will be provided to the third parties located outside the EEA.
(3) The Personal Data will be provided and processed for the purposes specified above by the third parties outside the EEA to whom “K” Line will disclose the Personal Data of the Data Subject.
In addition to the above, in the case that “K” Line provides the Personal Data to a third party located in a country outside the EEA, “K” Line shall ensure that adequate measures are taken concerning the protection of the Personal Data by executing standard contract provisions based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation, etc.
5. Rights of the Data Subject
The Data Subject may request from “K” Line access to, rectification or erasure of, restriction of the Processing of the Personal Data
The Data Subject may object to the data protection authorities with jurisdiction over “K” Line or the location of the Data Subject’s domicile with regard to the Processing of the Personal Data of the Data Subject.
“K” Line determines the purpose and means of the Processing of the Personal Data. The contact information for “K” Line is as follows:
(1) Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd
Iino Building 1-1, Uchisaiwaicho 2-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8540, Japan
The contact information for the company’s representative is as follows:
Corporate Law Team, Legal Group
7. Compliance with applicable laws
With respect to the Processing of the Personal Data, “K” Line shall comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and related laws and regulations, and shall observe the guidelines of competent government agencies and industry guidelines.
8. Retention Period
“K” Line shall retain the Personal Data as long as we require such data to provide the services to the Data Subject, but shall promptly delete the same in the case that such data is no longer necessary.
9. Safety management measures
With respect to the Processing of the Personal Data, “K” Line shall properly take organizational safety management measures, and technical safety management measures.
10. Continuous improvement in the management system.
“K” Line shall regularly, continuously and flexibly revise the management system and rules according to the changes in technology and applicable law. “K” Line shall actively work towards the protection of the Personal Data by continuously improving the management system on a timely basis and in an appropriate manner.