Top > News Releases > "K" LINE Commences Own Service with 3 LR II Product Tankers

October 28, 2002
Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd.

"K" LINE Commences Own Service with 3 LR II Product Tankers

Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd., Tokyo, (hereafter called "K" LINE) is pleased to announce that three LR II type (DWT 105,000 k/t) double-hulled product tankers will commence operations under our own control.

Our LR II fleet consists of two sister-ships, "River Spring" and "River Dream," that were built in 1997 plus their younger sister "Glory Crystal" built in 2000 that is being time-chartered from a Japanese Owner.

In the current world market, about 50 LR II product tankers are being operated, 70 % of them under control of mid- to long-term contracts with trading houses, cargo receivers or shippers or under control of European owners' pool, the remaining 30% operated in spot market. In line with this situation, our intention is to provide flexible transportation service with a reliable and effective combination for COA cargo and spot cargo, designed to successfully respond and satisfy customer needs in the main trade from Middle East to Far East/Southeast Asia.。

RIVER SPRING

RIVER SPRING

PDF

To read the PDF files, you need Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
If you do not have it, you can get it here.

pagetop